Easter Leftovers - TURKEY TETRAZZINI
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups cooked turkey meat, diced or shredded (can substitute ham)
- 375 grams spaghetti, cooked just to al dente
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Add onion and saute over medium heat until onion is softened.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until completely absorbed by the butter.
- Add turkey stock and cream and whisk until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat, whisking often, until thickened. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cooked pasta, shredded turkey, and peas in a 9×13" greased baking dish. Pour sauce over top and spread with a spatula over pasta so that it soaks down into the spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly!