Apple Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
2 tbsp oil
2 apples, cored and diced
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups apple cider
1 tbsp red onion, minced
1/2 cup chopped pecans, roasted
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp minced shallot
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Toss the potatoes with 2 tbsp oil and spread out onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring about every 5 minutes until lightly brown and soft.
3. Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa well and then place cider and quinoa into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn to simmer then cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Once complete, let it slightly cool for a few minutes.
4. In a medium bowl add the slightly cooled quinoa, cranberries, potatoes, apples, and red onion. Toss together well.
5. In a small food processor or blender combine the maple syrup, shallot, dijon mustard, vinegar, and a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Slowly add in the olive oil and mix well.
6. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss
7. Top with the roasted pecans. Serve and Enjoy!