Sour Cherry Granita
From the fabulous "Prairie Fruit" cookbook by Getty Stewart
-Cherry Juice, 2 cups
-Honey, 1/4 cup
-Lemon Juice, 1 tbsp
-Water, 3/4 cup
1. Mix the cherry juice, lemon and honey in a sauce pan
2. Heat and stir to dissolve honey.Â Remove from heat, stir in water.
3. Pour in a shallow, freezable dish and freeze for 60 minutes.
4. Remove and scrape ice crystals from the side into the centre.
5.Â Freeze for 30 minutes, then scrape again.Â Continue to freeze and scrape every 30 minutes until entire mix is frozen, about 4 hours.
6. Scoop into individual serving dishes.Â If frozen too hard, rest on counter for 5 minutes before scooping.