Roasted Golden Beet and Goat Cheese Crostini with Summer Savory & Honey
- 1 baguette or loaf of bread, sliced thin
- 4 medium-sized golden beets, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tbsp summer savory (plus more for garnish)
- 3 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 cups baby arugula
- honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the diced beets with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Spread the beets in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove and set aside.
- Lower oven heat to 350. Then spread out bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until toasted. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the goat cheese, 1 tbsp of savory and milk in a small bowl until well-blended. Add more milk if you would like a thinner consistency for spreading.
- Assemble the crostini by spreading a dollop of the goat cheese mixture on a piece of toasted bread, and then top with arugula and diced roasted beets. Drizzle with honey, garnish with a sprig or two of savory and serve.