Peas, Potatoes + Zucchini!
Summer Savoury Jumping Potatoes
- 1 ½ to 2 lbs small new potatoes
- 4 tbsp salted butter, cut into slices or small cubes
- ¼ fresh summer savoury, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add potatoes to a medium/large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and add 1 tbsp of salt.
- Reduce to a rolling simmer and continue cooking until the potatoes are fork tender and the skin is just starting to fall away (about 20 minutes).
- Drain the water and return the potatoes immediately back to the pot with the butter and savoury. Season with salt and pepper.
- Give the potatoes a vigorous shake in the pot while holding the lid on just so the potatoes break up a bit.
- Let sit on the still warm (but turned off) burner for 5-10 minutes then serve.
Tip: sub in any of your favourite herbs -- parsley or dill are staff favourites for this dish, too!
Grilled Peas in the Pod
Eat them like edamame for a sweet, healthy, delicious, gluten free and vegan snack!
- 2 lbs fresh peas in the pod, cleaned and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flaky sea salt for finishing
- Sesame seeds for finishing (optional)
- Toss the peas with the olive oil, salt and pepper until coated. Preheat a grill until very hot, and use a perforated pan or tray to prevent the peas from falling through the grates.
- Spread the peas out so they each touch the grill*, give them a toss, and close the grill and let cook for about 2 minutes. Open the grill, toss again, and continue cooking until they are nice and charred on the outside.
- Remove from the grill, place in a serving bowl, and sprinkle with flaky sea salt to finish. Serve immediately.
*Can also be done in a frying pan over high heat : Heat pan over high heat, add peas that have been tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and cook for 5-7 minutes until slightly blistered.
Crispy Zucchini Bites with Lemon Herb Aioli
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups panko crumbs
- ¼ cup canola or avocado oil
- ⅓ cup Stonewall Kitchen Garlic Aioli
- Slice zucchini into ½ inch thick rounds.
- In one bowl, mix together the flour and seasonings. In a second bowl, beat the eggs. In a third bowl, add the panko crumbs.
- Coat the zucchini slices with the flour mixture, then the eggs and finally coat well in the panko.
- In a large heavy bottomed skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place the zucchini slices flat in the pan, in a single layer.
- Cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and tender in the center.
- Drain onto paper towel and sprinkle with salt right out o