Kale + Garlic Scape Pesto with Sorrel and Parsley
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch garlic scapes
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch sorrel
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Strip kale and sorrel leaves off stems and remove big stems from the parsley.
- Place kale, basil, garlic scapes, parsley, sorrel, walnuts and parmesan cheese in a food processor.
- Process, adding oil through the feeder, until mixture is finely ground. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5 WAYS TO USE KALE & GARLIC SCAPE PESTO:
Pesto is a versatile sauce that can be used in many different ways. Make a batch and store in the refrigerator for a week.
- Stir a few spoonfuls of Kale & Garlic Scape Pesto into a bowl of hot pasta (with some reserved pasta water) or cold pasta salad. I love adding fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and sometimes leftover grilled chicken!
- Thin out some of this pesto with more olive oil and drizzle over a fresh tomato mozzarella cheese platter.
- Spread some of this pesto on a sandwich on its own or mixed with mayo.
- Stir some of this pesto into your favourite hummus.
- Serve this pesto on top of grilled chicken or fish.