Garlic Scape Compound
You can use garlic scape compound butter many different ways: serve over grilled steaks, butter sauces, garlic bread, and so on.
- 1 cup chopped garlic scapes
- 1 cup butter - softened - salted or unsalted
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt - if using unsalted butter
1) In a small food processor, process 1 cup of trimmed and chopped garlic scapes.
2) Combined minced scapes with softened butter, lemon juice and salt.
3) Roll the butter into a log on parchment paper. Wrap it and refrigerate.
Garlic scape compound can also be frozen. Once the log is firm, slice and wrap individually. Place in a bag and freeze for up to 6 months.