Fresh Heritage Pork Bone-in Hams
This is a suggested ham recipe used for this specific kind of ham (fresh heritage pork bone-in hams). Please feel free to modify as you wish or simply use as a guideline if you have a recipe that you already love.
Recipe courtesy of Lisa Clouston from Spring Creek Farm Inc.
Bone-in Ham from pastured pork
Sprinkle of love
1. Preheat oven to 250 F
2. Place ham in a roasting pan.
3. Score outside of ham with a very sharp knife about 1/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart, in 2 directions to create a
4. Place a whole clove in each “corner” of the score marks
5. Mix about 1 1/2 cups brown sugar with 1 cup melted butter to make a paste
6. Add: 1 tsp of cloves
1/4 tsp of Allspice
7. Rub the paste all over the ham, making sure that it goes into the scored crevices.
8. Add about 1/2 an inch of water to bottom of the pan. 9. Cook in oven, “low and slow”, meaning at 250 F for 2-4 hours. Check on it every once in a while. When the paste melts and drips off, add more or baste from the drippings. Don’t be scared to use LOTS of butter!