Curried Buttercup Squash Soup
- 1 large buttercup squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1 bunch green onions, roughly chopped
- 4 celery stalks, roughly chopped (if there are leaves, save for garnish)
- 6 cups chicken broth (can substitute veggie broth)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups leftover cooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Peel and cube the buttercup squash and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat and bake until golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, simmer the broth in a large pot with the onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When all the vegetables are nice and tender, add the roasted squash into the pot of broth along with the cooked quinoa. Simmer together for about 10 more minutes.
- Using a hand held immersion blender (or carefully pouring into a heat safe blender), blend the soup until silky smooth. Add in the coconut milk (reserve a bit for garnish) and blend again. Check your seasonings and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- To serve, ladle soup into desired bowls, add a swirl of coconut milk and chopped celery leaves and enjoy!