Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki Sauce
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 garlic scapes ground up
1 large egg, beaten
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink.
2. Sprinkle with salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Using a clean dish towel, cheese cloth, or your hands; drain zucchini completely.
Squeeze out all the extra liquid.
4. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg; season with
salt and pepper to taste.
5. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
6. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook
until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes.
7. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
8. Serve immediately with Tzatziki sauce, we prefer Bessie's Best.