Fall CSA Week 6
Spicy Coconut and Pumpkin Soup
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TSP fresh ginger
- 1 TSP ground cumin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 can light coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter and roast the sugar pumpkin at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Puree the flesh. You will need 2 cups for this recipe and the rest you can put in a container in the fridge for another recipe.
- Dice the onion and grate ginger. Add them to a pot with olive oil and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk and chicken broth. Stir until everything is combined and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want your soup extra smooth with no chunks of onion, blend it with an immersion blender.
- Optional: garnish with cilantro.